I saw that sympy did not make it as a mentoring organization for
Google Summer of Code 2009 and I will have to apply under the auspices
of Python. Will this change any of the requirements that you mentioned
above?

By the way, I am coming along fine with that Bernoulli patch although
it is going slow because I am learning the system (sympy, python
modules, get) and because I am busy with homework.  I currently have
the code written, I just need to figure out how to use git so I can
upload it.