On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 04:20:29PM -0500, Ondřej Čertík wrote:
> As far as physically removing sympy.mpmath, is the issue its size?
> The sympy/ dir on my computer has 15M, sympy/mpmath has 1.9M. So the
> size of mpmath can hardly be a reason.

Not the size, of course.  The reasons to drop this bundled library is
exactly the reasons why people prefer to use external libraries
instead of bundled copies.  Independent (security) updates for
library, prevent forking, etc.

> That being said, if projects like binstar (https://binstar.org/),
> which was announced *yesterday*, take off and allow easy
> installation on all platforms (including Windows...), we can revisit
> this. Clearly, the issue of distribution of packages has not been
> fixed *today*.

I don't see any reasons why this new project is an argument.  Can
you list some real problems (better for python >= 2.5)?