Recently, my habit has be to first validate the feed before looking at
the content.  As often happens, I might be a mesage that reads "Sorry.
 This fee does not validate" and then a list of problems that I am too
dumb to comprehend.  I've been change the status to "Awaiting Repair"
and then adding a note about the feed validation error.  However,
sometimes it appears to be a perfectly valid feed.

Feed number 286973 is a good example.  I can tell from the template
and my own experience that is is a Blogger.com blog but hosted
remotely on the owner's personal domain.  Blogger.com using Atom fees.
 This feed "does not validate" yet it is a perfectly good blog and it
caused me to  question the results of the feed validator.  I went
ahead and approved the feed.

Then I went back to my own feed:  360969.  My feed used to validate
and now it doesn't.  Does feed validator.org not like Atom fees for
blogger .com? Is the feed validator even worth using?  These are feeds
the syndic8 has no problem polling and showing the recent headlines.

Are these legitimate issues or is it just case me being a newbie to
this whole feed/syndication thing?





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$15 provides a child with safe, clean water. Your gift can make a difference.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vp8GxB/icGMAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to