So, Drew, based on the below progression of the WR (roughly 60 seconds every
20 years) how long before man breaks 00:00.00?  In my lifetime, will we see
a 23:30 10k?  Good one.

If I have riled you up, that is tough for you.  Keep the putdowns to
yourself, or send them to me only.  I haven't attacked Drew Eckmann or
anything he is about ... and I don't intend to.  Keep the discussion on a
high level, no matter how much you disagree with me.

>  Brian T McEwen says
>
> I said: I don't know the Limits of human performance in distance running,
> but
> they are NOT at the level where today's runners would lap Viren, Yifter,
> Rono, Schildhauer and Cova at their very best.

                Well, Henry ran 27:22 in 1978, 22 years ago. 22 years before
that, 1956, the WR was 28:30. Hmmm, Curiously, just about a 1 lap
difference. Now, guess what? 20 years before that, 1936, the WR was 30:06,
or approximately a lap and a half behind Kuts. Wanna go back 20 more years
to 1916? I bet even you can guess what's gonna happen here. Yep!! One more
time. Not quite a lap this time, but...30:58, 52 seconds slower. I don't
know about 1896, but, how do you explain Nurmi being a lap better than
Bouin, Kuts being a lap better than Nurmi, Rono being a lap better than
Kuts, but Gebrselassie NOT being able to be a lap better than Rono?
/Drew