>Allow me to suggest you go back and read p. 11 of the magazine, where it
lists the criteria we use (and have used for more than 50 years) in order to
determine the Ranking order. You have cited the two of least import
(head-to-head meetings and times). How you perform in big meets is the big
one, often outweighing the other two categories combined.>

Thats my exact point GH, you guys need to realize that you contradict
yourself. On one hand You say its how you perform in the big meets, more than
times and heads to heads combined than you turn right around ( I suggest you
read your own magazine) and say that the rankings are not dependant on one
race and you put the OG 800m champion third in the 800. The 5th place
finisher in the 100, you rank him 8th. The 3rd place finisher in the mens
400, you rank him 4th. Make up your minds as to when it counts.

>Yes, Jewell did make the Olympic team, but just by making the Sacto final
(which Kirkland didn't) was of equal import. And Jewell went onto finish 5th
in the season-ending GP Final. How did she get to the final? By performing
better than Kirkland in the year's GP meets.

Jewell had placings of 1-3-3-6-6-7-7-7
Kirkland placed 2-2-5-5-5-8

Which set looks better to you?>

Putting you hand in the cookie jar again I see..... Here is another example
of one double standards ( see above). If you ask me which numbers look better
I will say Kirklands. As a matter of fact you must also consider where those
numbers came from. Since you guys have shown yourselves to take an
abrieviated season. Outside of the OG and trials she put up her numbers in
the big meets and beat Jewell in the process ( but we see that doesn't
matter). Just for your information Jewell did not get to the GP final by
performing better than Kirkland because Kirkland qaulified for the final as
well. While your putting your hand in the cookie jar. If you want to mention
how Jewell made it to the GP final by performing better than Kirkland in the
GP meets than your 400m selection of Mackowiak stinks even more and it should
have been awarded to Danny McCray. Show us where Mackowiak lined up against
the top 400 runners at any other meet besides the OG!

Edward Caine, Esq.
You sure you want to hang with ol Eddie Caine Jr.? - 1997