Isn't Armstrong the youngest world champion ever in cycling? (if he was he
achieved this prior to cancer) ... which would place him in a very elite class
- or he was damn lucky.

Post-cancer he trains at higher mileage, "the bigger heart" is pushing blood
around a  leaner body that is 15 pounds less than it was for his WC win weight.
From a physiology standpoint, wouldn't this account for significant improvement?