"Matt Pelletier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I should also mention that an ESPN analyst brought up a good point last
> night.  Blood degenerates over time.  It can't be expected to be valid
for
> testing purposes after a long period of time.  If Lance DID have his
blood
> frozen for future tests, couldn't he take his chances that his blood will
be
> useless when they did come up with a test for any unknown performance
> enhancing drugs he may be taking?

Whether the blood degenerates or not, of course, is irrelevant.  It's
pretty unlikely that blood will chemically alter itself over time to form
something which chemically resembles EPO enough to fool a GC-MS.

Now, whether EPO will degenerate over time given the means whereby the
blood was preserved is certainly a valid question.

But if they found some - I guess the answer is no.

Kurt Bray still around?  He could handle this one a lot better than I -
usually I'm preserving samples for things like Trichloro-death  ;-)

Phil