On 03-Dec-17 09:55 AM, Daniel Koć wrote:
W dniu 02.12.2017 o 23:12, Warin pisze:

To me, "urban_green" is not a land use. I don't see "urban_green" as a good value. What use is it put to? Park, recreation, something else? The use of "green" implies a land cover .. not a good thing in a land use key.

I guess it's used in a city planning to have some green areas, big (one can walk into) and small (being a part of bigger area). Sometimes you know it's a park or garden, but in many cases "urban green" would be the most accurate description probably.

landuse=grass?!!! No. City planed 'open area' might be better?
The surface is a land cover, not a land use issue. An 'open space' could be concrete and still used for recreation, eating lunch or enjoying the sun.
Huumm example? Some 'town squares' are paved.
So landuse=open_area ???

Mixed vegetation? Possibly better with separated values grass, trees, shrubs???

We already have them, but they're not always easy to separate. Having some general tags is very useful in such cases and doesn't force you to make a very detailed survey (or just pick some random value, like landuse=grass!).

landcover=vegetation?

This avoids the 'mixed' so can be applied to satellite imagery where the vegetation is unresolved ... and can be used by locals to identify areas where a local survey could be performed to improve the mapping.