or you simply don’t put this detail.

This is problematic, since if you only tag amenity=fountain it will fall back to a decorative fountain since amenity=fountain appears to be defined in that way.

I'll repeat the problems with the current tagging scheme that I already listed elsewhere.

If I have a fountain that is not decorative, doesn't have a tap and doesn't provide drinking water, this fountain cannot be tagged.

Because no main key applies to it.

- Not a decorative fountain, thus not an amenity=fountain

- Doesn't provide drinking water, thus not an amenity=drinking_water

- Does not have a tap, thus not a man_made=water_tap

How would you tag this fountain I photographed the other day?

The water is not potable, the stream of water cannot be interrupted and definitely is not a decorative fountain.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Water_fountain_without_tap_near_Santiago_de_Compostela.jpg

Using amenity=fountain, fountain=utility will allow tagging this fountain.

As I said, the alternative would be to introduce another main tag under which to tag these features, but that was harshly criticized.