RIP Marc.

So I understand the geometry of the municipal boundaries could be vastly
improved.

I'm guessing the easiest workflow would be to load just the geometry of the
municipalities and just the OSM municipalities in JOSM, then merge the
nodes of the OSM municipalities to the external data. Afterwards, just
discard the external geometry. Right?

I think I could quite easily identify the largest differences with FME to
help set priorities. But I would think this is something where we would
just want to copy the official dataset node for node, no?

Joost @
Openstreetmap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/joostjakob> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joost-schouppe/48/939/603> | Meetup