Hi,

On 10/18/12 15:31, helene_gmx.fr wrote:
So, Frederick, please, don't be so rude with all of us, and please,
explain why using a separate account increase DataBase's safety.

The problem is that it has been explained a thousand times before.

The argument usually goes like this:

"Using a separate account for imports is generally required because of <reasons>".

"Ah, but <reasons> doesn't apply to the Cadastre import so we will ignore your rule."

Let me give you an analogy. In Germany, we often have speed limits with reasons. For example, you will find a speed limit sign that says "Lärmschutz" (noise protection), like this

http://www.buerger-union-ratingen.de/images/BuRatingen/a-52-80-kmh.jpg

Now this sign means you may only go 80 km/h because of noise protection. But even if you have a very silent electric car and you believe that it makes practically no noise at all, you still have to follow the speed limit.

The same applies in the case of separate import accounts. We have reasons for requiring separate import accounts; they include, but are not limited to, the easier separation of surveyed and imported content and easier en-bloc reversal of problematic imports.

Now you may believe that these don't apply to Cadastre work. And I said before, if someone imports 100 buildings from Cadastre, they will certainly not be contacted by us about that, separate account or no separate account. But if some imports 10000 buildings then he is a data importer and he has to stick to the same rules as every other data importer. The French community cannot simply "opt out" from rules that have been made for the whole project, at least as long they are using the same database as the rest of the project.

Bye
Frederik