Richard Welty wrote:
> i could see having an HFCS tag which carries that value for
> informational purposes, but it shouldn't control our own classification.

In the UK we use the designation= tag to record official classifications
which might not be reflected in the highway type - I'd commend it.

Toby Murray wrote:
> This user has also upgraded a lot of unpaved county roads in
> eastern Kansas to secondary because of HFCS which also strikes
> me as wrong. You can clearly see where he has done this at
> zoom level 9 [6].

Ye gods. That's horrid, and breaks every single car and bicycle router in
existence. Are those changesets cleanly revertable, or do we need a manual
fixup?

Richard