[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> On Tuesday 18 March 2008 23:43:39 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>> The problem I can see with this is that the source attribute can be
>>> altered (or stripped).
>> Which is as it should be. If an object originating from that import is
>> significantly altered later, then it should be possible to reflect this in
>> the source tag.
>>

> That's a good question for their lawyers, do we have to maintain
> attribution for data which is found to be incorrect and hence
> corrected....
>
> Using another (write once) tag would still enable the original upload to
> be recognized, even if the data is corrected at a later stage.

THIS one is a good point. The wiki/framework I'm working with personally has
two user flags per item. Created and Last Edit. The created flag is only
populated when an item is created and while it can be changed, the normal user
access does not allow this. I would have thought THIS should be a norm for any
of the bluk loaded data. How do we currently tag TIGER and other bulk data?

Of cause the second level on any good content framework is 'history' and I can
see all the changes to an item and who entered them - but that is something
that has been shot down already because of the quantity of traffic :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL