Frederik Ramm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> vegard wrote:
>>> Is it really so important for the map to look the same in Chile and in
>>> China?
>>
>> Well. You have to remember that rendering is not all,
>
> Ok, then: "Is it really so important for routing software to work
> identically in Chile and in China"?

At least I would expect a routing software to work with the data from
any place of the world.  As I would expect the Mapnik layer to look
consistant.

Luckily most people (I guess) want their data to show up on the map
and therefore they conform to whatever the map styles support.
Unfortunately this also results in "mapping for the renderer".

Matthias