On Wednesday 26 November 2008 10:09, Ed Loach wrote:
> > PS: so, don't you think wiki would be good to talk about all
> > that ? (or a
> > forum ?)
>
> It's a time thing partly.
I understand your point, wikimedia has a damed bad missing feature :
- sending a mail on modify of page (with modification) you are interested in
(or if it exist, I am just blind)

That's why I would be so much happy that discussions take place on a forum,
and wiki serves only for "résumé"

I've been using wikis for about 3 years (starting with wikipedia) and whatever
my level of knowledge on it have reached, wikimedia is NOT good for
discussions.

But diffusion lists are almost as bad in many others regards, missing (easy)
links, pictures, syntaxe enlighting (don't tell me HTML exists, It's just a
pain in emails).

Forums are IMHO the best trade off for our needs, with a wiki as "established
thing pages" and list as new announcements

Keep in mind I am talking about the technical tool, not about the goal we have
for it.
> so perhaps there should be a post
> here to mention the start of each proposal phase and another saying
> that a phase will close
If I remember well in the case of smoothness, I have made the vote starting
annoucement here.
However I droped the vote send approach annoucement

--
Sylvain Letuffe [EMAIL PROTECTED]
qui suis-je : http://slyserv.dyndns.org