I'm in absolute un-diplomatic mood, but there are, in this mail NO personnal
attack of any kind.

And as I am writing it, it turns out it is not more a matter of smoothness,
but still :

> All the people who like the "Map
> > Features" page should say something about this edit war even if they
> > don't care about "smoothness". I really feel disappointed.
I'm comming !

But is my point at all needed ? I'm the one who pushed smoothess and made it
vote with help of many others, will my point be of any value ?

> Agreed. It needs to stop, people need to discuss the issue here instead.
And what about if we think "talk" is a very bad place for that ?
what about if the cause of our problem, ChrisCF, to name him, doesn't want to
take part of that discussion here ?
Am I not going to lose yet another extra time ?

--
"sly (sylvain), a bit bored of those religious wars"

Ok, I will make the effort...

> Is the feature used?
Tagwatch says ~800,  but is that a proof of anything for a new tag or bad tag
or good tag ?
I don't think so. The answer to many "solutions" is, if it is not used, then
it is bad. If it is used, then it is good.
Does any one wants to talk with me about tracktype ?
My point is : tags are used because they are on the wiki or because they are
rendered not because they are good.

> Then, let it stand until discussed. Can the people
> who enable it and revert it *please* speak up here instead?
I am responsible of 3 undo, I have given up.

> Someone needs to rethink the map features-process, imho, but so far I
> have not much better proposals myself...
I don't either, so I use what we have because this is the best we have. And
that keeps a form of discussion.
On one side people are just voting "no" or "yes" for just some kind of fun,
with very great arguments such as "too stupid" "useless" and so on
On the other side renderer maintainer or tool maintainer say "how stupid it is
and useless it is" I will never allow this to be renderered and let, maybe a
good idea, drawn on it's own because it isn't used anywhere. While still not
bringing arguments beside "I know it is wrong"

Back to our problem
---------------------------

Words on the wiki speaks for themself, we have ONE guy that is constently
undoing one thing, and 5 others trying to stop him, if you look at his
contributions, there is no chance you could say he is respecting a process,
whether he is right or wrong.

We have defined a process that has the value it has, the, we have to respect
it or propose a new one, or else, evolution is hard.

So ? the problem is new ? so smoothness is the cause ? maybe yes, or maybe
just because on 100 wiki guys, statistics says there will be at least be one
*$@'[*%.

The solution is easy to me, without respect of the process, the account should
be banned. I volonter up for being a wiki garderner or moderator.

Wikipedia is age of advance on us for that, we just need to stop
saying "wikipedia is bad, we are not the same" and just open our eyes and see
how they manage it, and what we can take from it.

--
Sylvain Letuffe [EMAIL PROTECTED]
qui suis-je : http://slyserv.dyndns.org