Pieren wrote:
> A small pic is better than a long speach. One example with one major
> street and six minor streets all having stops when intersecting with
> the major street:

Or three minor roads all crossing the same major one ....

> ---+---
> ---+---
> ---+---
> 3) add 6 nodes on the minor streets themselves and closed to the
> intersections and all tagged with "highway=stop"

Or highway=give_way, and there is no need to split each of the cross
roads at the main road and convert the three cross ways into 6 roads
which then need relations to link each pair back together again?

> All solutions are valid but 3) makes contributor's life easier.

I think the point here is that of being able to see easily what has been
applied to the data. Nodes and ways are easy to see, but this extra data
is probably not so obvious as you would not know that a node ON the way
actually has extra data, or perhaps that some other relation is involved?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL