> The lookup may be efficient, it is frequently wrong and again dependent of
> correct and complete admin_levels.
> Currently it places every street where I live (in the Netherlands) in
> Belgium and does not specify a town with it.
> Looking for "Jacob van Marisring" returns "Jacob van Marisring, België
> 51.32,51.32 14558705 (Residential)". Searching for "Jacob van Marisring,
> Helden" even returns an error.

I was unaware I still had the country wrong for some places, I thought I'd
found and fixed all these.  Recalculating the street now produces the right
result (as you can see if you re-do your search) so I'll do another forced
update and try and get the last of these problems fixed.

> Also note that in the FAQ page of nominatim, the suggestion is done to fix
> errors by adding addr: or is_in: tags.

I feel you are rather miss-quoting the FAQ:

If a street or higher level feature (city, town, county, etc.) has the wrong
address you can either add a is_in tag to provide an explicit address
or, *preferably,
draw a polygon or create an admin boundary relation for the feature that
should contain it*.

note the second half of the sentence!

--
 Brian