Generally they’re not offices but mailboxes in post offices that are the
problem. They get tagged, but if you go there, all that’s there is a private
post office.

From: Martin Koppenhoefer [mailto:dieterdre...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 7:39 AM
To: Ed Loach
Cc: osm
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Bitcoin Spam

2013/12/4 Ed Loach <edlo...@gmail.com>

If I'm following correctly the problem is that they have no physical presence
as a shop, but are online only businesses. With no physical presence mapping
them becomes somewhat difficult. The one I mentioned earlier is one Discogs
user tagging their home as a shop with a link to their user page on the site.
Would you want every eBay seller to do similar?

this is not at all comparable to an ebay-seller, because these weren't coords
of their clients but (supposedly) of their office, hence this is like saying we
don't want ebay's office because they are not a shop and you cannot go there to
buy something.

I do agree, if there is _nothing_ (not the seat of the company, no office) than
it is spam, but if there is an office it doesn't matter if this is open to the
public or how big it is, my requirement would be that it is tagged as what it
is. The whole world of "office"-tags is about places which aren't shops.

cheers,
Martin