On 2 May 2015 at 02:18, Andrew MacKinnon <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If a store changes name a mechanical edit does not make
> sense because usually new signs get put up gradually. For instance
> Domino's Pizza changed its name to Domino's and is running TV ads
> promoting this, but there are still old signs that say "Domino's
> Pizza"

I suppose it depends whether we want to map what (sometimes incorrect)
store signs say, or what the stores actually are.

I favour the latter, but if you want the former, I have a list defunct
shops whose signs are still visible, which you can add

Another issue to consider is that either method will incude some
errors. Which will include fewest, and which will inconvenience our
users less? How long will it take for all our entries for Domino's to
be manually updated, even after the signs are changed?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing