Hi,

Am 13.09.2015 um 00:47 schrieb Jo:

> I also tried not to comment, but I'm in that same camp. There is really
> no harm in having abandoned and even raised railways, unless buildings
> are constructed over them.

out of curiosity I was wondering a bit, if there are lots of abandoned
railways with plenty of buildings in the way, i.e. is this really a
widespread issue?

I put up an Overpass query to get some insights for my area. It turned
out to be only a few buildings, which I can happily ignore. Not sure
about those cases, where they cross a motorway, though...

See for yourself in your area:

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/bpP

Rather than looking at the whole planet at once, I'd recommend to start
out with a somewhat smaller bbox. This query runs on a Overpass Lab
preview (read: beta) version with some real hard disks underneath. So be
prepared for some potential issues here and there ;)

Kind regards,
mmd