Jochen, not exactly. I was following up on the Christoph Hormann's idea of
the "bot=no" tag, to "allow mappers to opt out of bot edits on a
case-by-case basis."   Since every query is essentially a separate,
human-operated bot, it seemed appropriate to use it for this case, in a
form of nobot=botID. This tag is not specific to the editing tool.

Regardless, I have now made it a requirement to specify both the tag and
the query id to enable this feature - thus the community that writes and
accepts a query must agree to use such a tag for their edits.  I am
thinking about a separate storage as well.

P.S.  There is no private tool - there is a public tool, with public code,
to help OSM editors who may want to benefit from it. Done purely in a
volunteer capacity.   The new tool is basically a slimmed down version of
Osmose/MapRoulette - it allows users to generate cleanup "challenges", and
other users to review and accept/reject the proposed edits.