> What you are talking about looks to be the rendering into layers and which
> layer comes higher than the other.
>
> That is the choice of the render and what could be higher in one rendering
> could be the lower in another rendering.

  While I agree with you on a theoretical level, I cannot come up with
any example of different order depending on "renderer" when we talk
about BASEMAPS (as opposed to thematic maps). Can you help me and give
an example?

P.S. Roads (or other objects) depicted wider/larger than they really
are for visibility overlapping building polygons is not enough,
because the problem here is that something is exaggerated on purpose.

--
Tomas