On Monday 13 November 2017, Yuri Astrakhan wrote:
> Christoph, thanks for clarifying.  I should have been a bit more
> careful with that word.  Could you clarify one thing - if wiki is not
> authoritative for deprecation, than what is?  "Community consensus
> that something is not to be used" has to be documented somewhere,
> right?

No, it does not have to.  It is the nature of most societies that not
all social rules that exist are also codified.  The process of becoming
a member of the OSM community to a large part consists of becoming
familiar with and developing an intuitive understanding of the
unwritten rules.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/