On 13/11/17 01:16, Yuri Astrakhan wrote:
if an accepted tool already does something in a certain way, and noone is raising any objections to it, I think other software should follow in the same foot steps.
I haven't heard anyone saying that JOSM validator autofixes do a bad thing until this conversation. Do you think they are bad?

Yes, sometimes! I looked at your fixes, saw one that didn't make sense, (about unisex toilets) followed it to the JOSM validator, filed a bug which seems to be fixed ( https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/15536 ).

JOSM isn't perfect, "many eyes make all bugs shallow" etc.