Hello. I will answer your questions below.

   1. By what extent do users consent to putting their data into OSM? We
   ask the users directly if they consent to adding data into OSM within the
   app. If they say no, it is not added.
   2. "You should download existing OSM tree data, buffer by 49 feet (the
   math is a little more involved, but this should be a safe number to use),
   and delete any of your data that falls within the resulting polygon before
   uploading. " We can certainly do this. I can code that if any of the GPS
   locations of our trees are within X degrees lat long or X feet of an
   existing tree based on the Haversine formula, do not add to OSM.

--
With gratitude,
Harsha

[image: Colby] <https://colby.edu/>