> Hello Ethan!

> On Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 7:12 AM, you wrote:

> However, endeavoring to use my old bean, I surmise that work is
> on-going by Maxim on OTFE and the msi installation function, and by
> 9Val on IMAP, and by Stefan on submission forms-plus-more, and
> meanwhile the beta testers are in stand-by mode.

That is an interesting summary of the current situation. IT would be
helpful to have RIT provide a concise answer outlining who is working
on what at this time.

> When the developers who have enough English to be able to communicate
> with us are very busy, we have often seen these silent periods in the
> past.

Noted.  Yet, one of my concern still remains that when they do
communicate, they can surprise us with new beta releases that contain
many new features and do not include stable fixes to identified
problems.

> Could you be more specific and pinpoint again your problems?

Yes.

First, I'm running 3.5.25 on Windows XP SP 2 with 512 memory on an
Asus board.  I'm running no plug ins and no special features (e.g.,
non stock graphics etc.). My problems include....

a) chronic position issues with the connection centre.  It appears
behind, and often graphically broken.  I've run the MSI install repair
with no success.

b) memory problems.  After running the program for more than two
hours, when I shut down, lots of hanging and then sometimes I have to
kill the program.  Version 25 was a little better, not much.

c) automatic deleting when I shut down the program even after I have
turned off the feature in the individual account.

d) Overall, a noted decrease in speed and performance over the last
official release.

As I have mentioned, I have followed the conversation and my problems
are not discussed.  The only notable problem appears to the Connection
Centre.  Overall, the program simply runs poorly compared to its
previous version. In fact, the step up to version 3.x from 2.x is
simply not provided the promised improvements. Furthermore, IMAP is
still "questionable" at best. I've given up on that front and use
other programs if IMAP is required.

If I could get a reasonable document outlining where we are going with
this program, I could make some real decisions.  I keep holding out
for the next update only to find another round of problems and
reduction in functions. The decline in performance in the current
version, when testing on five difference computers is noticeable along
with the growing size of the exe file.

So, I'm waiting and wondering.  I hope we will have some real news
soon.

Jerry

--
Ethan J. Mings