On Sun, 9 Jan 2000 03:37:17 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>     Uhm, no, it isn't.  When I move a message from the inbox in
> morpheus@rpglink to slamb3@corp the message is physically moved.  It is not
> "linked" in any way to either account aside from its physical location.

        What Alex and others have been getting at is that when you move
the message and create a reply, it will use the parameters of the account
and folder to which you moved it and not that of the account and folder
which you moved it from. The concept of personalities is one workaround to
be able to store messages in a central point without affecting the active
account for the particular message. System wide folder support.

        However, I think the concept of virtual folders would be
beneficial without breaking the present TB! paradigm. With the support for
virtual folders one could efficiently manage e-mail residing in multiple
accounts and folders at a central point without having to actually open
all these folders or physically moving the messages to this central point.
When replying to messages they will use the account and folder settings in
which they really reside instead of one having to manually make the
changes each time.

        The View|Display|Advanced filtering... applet could be made to
filter messages across folders and accounts and the messages stored in a
virtual folder and listed as is done in say, the Search applet.

--
-=Allie=-                      |     Using The Bat! v1.38e
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       |     Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)

   [ Locked coathanger in car. Good thing I had a key. ]
____