Hi John,

On  09 January 2000  at  14:03:18 GMT -0800 (which was 22:03 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points:

JR> It's  just little things like a button to show all new messages no
JR> matter which folders, in which account they are in.

Check  out  the  ticker.  The  ticker does all this and more and gives
access to a virtual folder which is filled with your unread mail.

JR> It also has a "Trash" button, make an instant filter, nothing else
JR> required, but it does show it in the new listings.

Ctrl-Shift-F while viewing a message does the same thing.

JR> On the right hand side of the message listing, there is a column
JR> that shows where it's been filtered to.

"Folder" is an optional column for the message list - just right click
on the headers to change which olumns are on view.

JR> If I want to change the filter, I right click and change it at
JR> that point.

Okay - you got me there :-)

JR> And how about being able to highlight a line of text that I
JR> inadvertently reversed the case on, right click and "change case"

Ctrl-[, Ctrl-] and Ctrl-/ for UPPER, lower and Capitol case toggles.

JR> How about TT (teletype), I don't use it often but do sometimes. I
JR> don't want to break concentration and go looking for it.

Not sure what this means.

JR> How about MAPI, I know I would use it, I have programs that use
JR> it and I have to still use (gasp) Eudora! One of the reasons I'm
JR> here is the fact that Eudora is "Bugs Life" now, but MAPI still
JR> works. Just simple MAPI, no more.

MAPI would be useful, true enough.

JR> Another thing is being able to "use popsend", sending e-mail
JR> through the pop server. I could do that with Eudora in the INI
JR> file. "usepopsend=1", haven't tried it with TB yet, anyone else? I
JR> have to use it for an old support e-mail address with I can't send
JR> through my DSL account.

Hmm  this  isn't supported. OTOH, why should you need to? With TB, you
can  specify whatever From and Reply-To addresses you wish (see below)
and the route by which the mail travels is irrelevant, surely. Or have
I missed something?

JR> And please put the "From" in the To:, CC:, Subject area so I can
JR> mash it and select which account I want to send this e-mail from!

You  appear  to  have overlooked the options in the "View" menu of the
message editor ;-).

JR> Let the spell checker catch those "the the's" and the "to to's"
JR> etc.

Hmm... or is that grammar? I know what you mean though.

[snip in-depth support of suggestion lists in general]

As  you  can  see  above, many of your suggestions are already part of
this  very  rich email client. Many of the cries of "not that feature,
please"  that  reek of stick-in-the-mud-itis are from users who, while
satisfied  with  the feature set (and anticipating eagerly the release
of  V2)  are  fearful  of software-bloat. It is the kind of stuff that
typifies  mature  Win  software  that  has  gone  beyond  the original
inspiration  and  attempted  to  be  a  Jack-of-all at the whim of the
clientele.

Where  you have asked for 'a button' to do a job, I have not responded
mainly  because  it  has  already  been stated that TB v2 will include
definable  keystrokes  and  tool-bar buttons. The promise is that most
(if not all) major functions will be programmable in this way.

JR> I don't know how many actual paying customers there are of Eudora
JR> but I think there are a lot of people about to permanently jump
JR> ship.

FWIW,  I  was  a  paying Eudora customer who jumped ship about 4 years
back.

Cheers,
Marck
--
Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Co-moderator TBUDL / TBBETA discussion lists