Hello Marck,

MDP> Hi John,

MDP> On  09 January 2000  at  14:03:18 GMT -0800 (which was 22:03 where I
MDP> live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points:

JR>> It's  just little things like a button to show all new messages no
JR>> matter which folders, in which account they are in.

MDP> Check  out  the  ticker.  The  ticker does all this and more and gives
MDP> access to a virtual folder which is filled with your unread mail.

I guess I'm not used to a "Ticker", they make me virtually
nervous.

JR>> It also has a "Trash" button, make an instant filter, nothing else
JR>> required, but it does show it in the new listings.

MDP> Ctrl-Shift-F while viewing a message does the same thing.

Thanks for the info on this one, it would be nice to right click
and see all the commands somewhere.

JR>> On the right hand side of the message listing, there is a column
JR>> that shows where it's been filtered to.

MDP> "Folder" is an optional column for the message list - just right click
MDP> on the headers to change which olumns are on view.

Thanks again for this one.......

JR>> If I want to change the filter, I right click and change it at
JR>> that point.

MDP> Okay - you got me there :-)

JR>> And how about being able to highlight a line of text that I
JR>> inadvertently reversed the case on, right click and "change case"

MDP> Ctrl-[, Ctrl-] and Ctrl-/ for UPPER, lower and Capitol case toggles.

Thanks again for this one.

JR>> How about TT (teletype), I don't use it often but do sometimes. I
JR>> don't want to break concentration and go looking for it.

MDP> Not sure what this means.

It is one way of "remove formatting"

JR>> How about MAPI, I know I would use it, I have programs that use
JR>> it and I have to still use (gasp) Eudora! One of the reasons I'm
JR>> here is the fact that Eudora is "Bugs Life" now, but MAPI still
JR>> works. Just simple MAPI, no more.

MDP> MAPI would be useful, true enough.

JR>> Another thing is being able to "use popsend", sending e-mail
JR>> through the pop server. I could do that with Eudora in the INI
JR>> file. "usepopsend=1", haven't tried it with TB yet, anyone else? I
JR>> have to use it for an old support e-mail address with I can't send
JR>> through my DSL account.

MDP> Hmm  this  isn't supported. OTOH, why should you need to? With TB, you
MDP> can  specify whatever From and Reply-To addresses you wish (see below)
MDP> and the route by which the mail travels is irrelevant, surely. Or have
MDP> I missed something?

This had something to do with not being able to send a from
address through the DSL account because it was checking or
something, I'll have to go back and look at that again too.

JR>> And please put the "From" in the To:, CC:, Subject area so I can
JR>> mash it and select which account I want to send this e-mail from!

MDP> You  appear  to  have overlooked the options in the "View" menu of the
MDP> message editor ;-).

Like I said, a Virtual Plethora!

JR>> Let the spell checker catch those "the the's" and the "to to's"
JR>> etc.

MDP> Hmm... or is that grammar? I know what you mean though.

Most spell checkers do catch that.  A thesaurus would be nice too
since this group doesn't seem to have had anything to do with the
atrocious US educational system. Ask a person on the street what
one is and I'll bet a number would say it had something to do
with an extinct animal!

MDP> FWIW,  I  was  a  paying Eudora customer who jumped ship about 4 years
MDP> back.

Why, Thank You Sir, You are a virtual Plethora of information!  I
was hoping upon writing this dissertation that I wouldn't get sent
to my cloister and be told to flog myself about the head and
shoulders 50 times with a cat of 9 tails for not perusing the menu items!

I will say the TB users are some of the most tenacious users and
defenders of their software I have come across.

--
Thanks, John