Hello Steve Lamb,
On Sun, 9 Jan 2000 06:45:09 -0800 GMT your local time,
which was Sunday, January 09, 2000, 9:45:09 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Steve Lamb wrote:

Steve> On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 08:43:49PM +0700, tracer wrote:
>> No idea, I use one filter per mailing list and send them to  folders
>> in an account which will never dial out or in called mailing lists...
>> As far as I can see you have no way of getting all mailing lists in
>> one go  and if you could it would cost me a LOT more time making the
>> expression then to make an extra filter...

Steve>     Then you don't know regex, do you?
You mean in the BAT???
I thought they just added regex?

Call my way historically grown (g) but it works...
I agree though its not the neatest way...
Steve> Here's the perlized version to catch
Steve> all lists off listar, majordomo and LSERV.

Well but what about the BAT? If I was running Linux for my mail its
easy...

Steve> if (($line =~ m/^X-List: (.*)/) ||
Steve>     ($line =~ m/^Sender: owner-(.*)@/) ||
Steve>     ($line =~ m/^Sender: (.*)-owner@/)){
Steve>   $filter_to = $account/Mailing Lists/$1;
Steve> }

Steve>     I could, if I felt like it, merge all that into one regex, but sometimes
Steve> it is faster to compile three simpler regex instead of one complex one.  That
Steve> logic, along with the ability to use the register results in the folder area,
Steve> would catch most of the email list traffic out there.
Yes, but is it for the average user easier then just adding filters??
While I donot mind a more elegant/complex setup myself, my experience
sofar with computers is that the easier and simpler and splitup a
suggested route is, the less chance the users end up messing it up
causing in most cases Me extra work...
And I myself am distinctly lazy when it comes to doing things like
this... ie, if it works: fine, if I get annoyed by it, and that happens
more and more, then I will sit down and revamp my setup.

Steve>     Took me <1 minute to make that pseudo code.  Takes me about the same time
Steve> to make one filter.  I have over 30 lists on my two accounts.  ~30 minutes
Steve> compared to ~1 minute.  Which is faster agian?  :)

So whats the exact setup you use with the Bat? ie with real code?
I donot mind plugging it in , adjusting it to what I use and see if it
works better or not.
I am very felxible when it comes to dumping my way of doing things if
I see a better way exists which works...

And will your setup do something I want to do, ie dump mail which has
sender=receiver etc?
I have some more spam left to get rid off!

Best regards,

tracer

Using theBAT 1.38e
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]