On Sun, 9 Jan 2000 11:34:57 -0800, Nick Andriash wrote:

>>         It's easier to just read messages from 1 folder instead of eight.

> Hmmm... perhaps... to some. Personally, I would find it confusing to start
> reading 500 messages from 8 different Mailing Lists in one folder.

        Well, certainly in a situation like that it becomes
counterproductive and chaotic. :)

>  I find it much easier to filter from the Inbox directly into each
> Mailing List Folder. One glance at the Folder Tree on the left shows me
> what Folders have new mail, and how many, and I can quickly choose which
> ones, if any, to read. Once I read them, messages I want to keep, are
> then put into their respective archive folders, which I've set up as sub
> folders of each Mailing List folder. I have to do that manually for now,
> as I haven't spent much time trying to figure out the Read Messages
> Filter section yet... but I will.

That's how I did it before but I have since changed since I usually check
my mail often enough that the chaos of 500 messages in a central location
doesn't greet me. :))

--
-=Allie=-                      |     Using The Bat! v1.38e
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       |     Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)

   [ Do NOT look into laser with remaining eyeball! ]
____