JDH>> Sorry, Steve, I don't see how you can so dogmatically say this is "the
JDH>> logical thing to do." Many people like to read new messages when they go to
JDH>> a folder, not old ones. If that option is not available now, it ought to be
JDH>> made available in a new version.

SL>     Maybe because that is the behavior of more clients than I care to think
SL> about?  What's to say that when you go into a folder you want to open the new
SL> message RIGHT NOW.  I know I keep unread messages in most of my folders
SL> because I don't feel like reading them RIGHT NOW but need to access data in
SL> other folders.

Besides the fact that Steve proves himself again to be an empathetic
and helpful person, I agree whole heartedly with him.  I keep unread
messages around 'cause I don't want to read them right now.  If TB!
went to them, I'd have to read them RIGHT NOW or figure out what
keystroke, if there is one, allows me to mark it unread à la Agent's
'X' keystroke (which toggles a message's read state).

SL>    One whole keystroke.  I feel for you, really.  NOT.

Steve must be just getting back from vacation. I haven't missed this
attitude at all.  It's kind of funny, the irony of this, after the
threads upon threads about adding functionality to templates or
whatever to reduce keystrokes, and the general consensus (including
Steve, I would imagine) that one keystroke is easy for anyone but that
one stroke repeated a thousand times over the course of a day gets a
bit tiresome.

-tom!

--
Sighing hard, [EMAIL PROTECTED] out.