Hi Sam,

> There are a number of things that can go wrong, and it's typically
> a problem with the hosting provider. I don't recall you saying you
> had upgraded TB! or changed any settings, in fact, you said
> "starting Tuesday evening, for no apparent reason, I cannot SEND
> mail from the accounts with the private domains" so that tells me
> something changed somewhere else. Ocassionally, I do have issues
> with my provider, either because they're having system issues
> (hardware issues, a patch that went bad, problem with their network
> connection, etc.) or they changed settings on their systems such
> that the way I've been sending and receiving email no longer works.
> The former they will usually communicate through their status site
> or in the support section, the latter I usually just have to work
> out on my own (though I could probably contact support if needed).
> So yes, things can suddenly stop working, but it's rarely a problem
> with a client, particularly if nothing changed about the client.

I contacted the 1&1 support. They told me that a few users complained about not more being able to send emails. All of them use TheBat, with Thunderbird it works i.e. So for me it is obvious, that there are indeed some changes (the technical supporter wasn't aware of) which are no problem for Thunderbird but for TheBat.

> I don't know how 1&1 works, so I'll use my own hosting provider as
> an example.

As I cannot send Emails via 1&1, web.de and gmx, this cannot be a singlei issue of 1&1. My question to the supporter what all of them have in common, and he replied: They are all part (or customer?) of United Internet. So probably they will have changed something.

> So you should see information on the secure connection and just
> check to make sure all the certificates are valid.

Which certificates, how can I check them, how can I fix that? What is the difference in TheBat vs. Thunderbird, so that Thunderbird *can* send Emails (same ports, same encryption etc.) but TheBat cannot?

> Good luck!
> -Sam

Thanks, but I don't know what to do. And I still do not see that fixing that problem is my task.
--
Kind regards,
Harald