Sunday, June 5, 2016, 1:33:13 PM, Marck wrote:

F>> "X Server reports error. The response is: Authentication required"

MP> I think I said quite early on that the failure here is authentication
MP> mid:336247396.20160602113...@silverstones.com - nothing to do with
MP> SSL/STARTTLS/Certificates. Have you toggled the "Require secure
MP> authentication" option?

I'm going to agree with Marck, the error messages people have posted seem to
indicate a problem with authentication, not connection. The reason another
client like Thunderbird might work is that it likely uses different default
values than TB!. So maybe look at the Thunderbird settings and see what options
are selected with regards to authentication and try to reproduce those in TB!.

-Sam