On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 17:47:59 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

SL> TB! loves to count replies for some reason. You can turn that off in
SL> the templates. The exact macro eludes me at the moment. Again, on
SL> Linux, not Windows.

That's %SINGLERE

<snip>
SL> See, another fine case for an external editor. I never, EVER
SL> understood why Windows clients insisted on including internal
SL> editors on everything under the sun. Complete waste of time.

On editor support specifically, I have no problem with that. The OS
comes with a number of potential editors as is. The user could start
with that and then use another when it's

The modular approach in general is an advanced user approach to
computing. I love it personally. However, for novices and for those
users who have no real interest in becoming advanced users, there's a
definite need and market for the monolithic application.

SL> We've been over this Allie, you're not convincing me because, as I
SL> said, once the user learns one editor they are /done/ learning
SL> editors. Here they never stop having to learn new editors and that
SL> wastes time.

You may be misunderstanding me all along. What I said above is all that
I have been saying. Is there anything there that you disagree with?

>> I am growing more used to it, but I find all the extra keystrokes a hassle.
>> And it _is_ non-standard.

SL>     Tell me, what /is/ standard in editors?  :)

This is another thing that I have been indicating to you. In windows,
the basic behaviour of most editors is really standard. This is why
TB!'s editor is a real 'culture shocker' for those who are used to using
different editors for various applications.

SL>     Exactly, there isn't a standard, at least not for the more advanced
SL> features of an editor.

She hasn't really touched on any advanced features as such. She has been
complaining about basic cursor movements and responses and behaviour.
Trying to type paragraphs etc. For windows, cursor behaviour is pretty
standard.

SL>     BIG HINT TO AUTHORS AND EVERYONE ELSE HERE: Notice here he(?) says he is
SL> looking for an email client which is tunable yet all his complaints, thus far,
SL> have been with the /editor/?

I think he is a she. :-)

- --
A. Curtis Martin..
Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA  |  PGP Key ID: 0xEE079937
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey
- ---
** "Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out. "
Using TB! v1.46c «» Win2k Pro SP1