On 19-09-2000 at 21:56, Avenarius kindly wrote:
> A. Curtis Martin wrote:

ACM>> This is without auto-format enabled.

> How do you enable auto-format automatically? I know that within the
> message it's CTRL+SHIFT+F.

You can set that in your Preferences.
   Start a new message, right-click, and the one-but-last
entry is Preferences. Select that, and look under the
General tab. Voilą.

[fixed vs proportional fonts]

ACM>> The only plus for using a variable width font is a purely selfish
ACM>> one, ie, visual appeal.

> Here I don't follow you. What's selfish is sending html messages and
> cluttering other people's mailboxes with unnecessary kilobytes and
> eventually megabytes.

I agree, and I don't think that having control over how you
see things, while your choice doesn't affect others, can be
labelled selfish.

- K -

--

Capricorns don't believe in astrology.