> I know many of you follow the (limited) fixed width fonts with
> evangelical fervour, but I don't like the way they look.  And I
> prefer something like Editpad to The Bat's internal editor. I can't
> even get the PGP 2.6.3 executable function to work!

If you want to see my idea of a really good email editor (although
it's not such a good client) check out AMEOL from www.ameol.com

It's designed for an old conferencing system in the UK called CIX -
some people still use it as a nice moderated alternative to usenet -
but the thing I really like about the client is the message editor.

You know how email is wrapped at 82 characters by standard.  You know
how in TB, whilst you're editing a message it wraps the words just
nicely to fit.  However - what if I was to go back to the above
paragraph and add a few words to the first line?  In TB, the line just
gets longer than 82 characters and you have to do a manual ALT-L to
put the paragraph back in place.

In AMEOL, there is a solid barrier at 82 characters. No matter how
hard you try, you can't go over it :) It's a system that I really like
- because you know for certain that how an email appears is the same
as how it will be recieved, without pressing any hotkeys. Everything
about that editor is exactly how I think TB's should be. If you set it
up to do so, it will keep all lines at exactly 82 characters long by a
more traditional form of wordwrap - if you finish a line with a long
word, it will split the word up between 2 lines with a dash. For exam-
ple... like that :)

Having said that, I think it should be an option whether users want to
use fixed-width or proportional fonts - many people use Outlook anyway
so it can't do any harm now to have the option.  But I'd really like
to see that "bug" with editing existing lines fixed if anything...

--
Deryk Lister  ||  ICQ 25869912  ||  www.deryk.co.uk
"But what fun is destruction if no precious lives are lost!" -- Kefka

PGP welcomed - you can get the key from my automated link:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=GetMyPGPKey
You may also get the keys from reputable keyservers.