Hey Jonathan,

My MUA believes you used (X-Mailer not set)
to write the following on Friday, May 10, 2002 at 10:29:49 PM.

>> Not a stupid question <g>
>> And, yes it does clear both the To: and Cc: fields, then put
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the To: field.

JA> Gotcha... Doesn't that make more work on your part if you just wanted to
JA> reply to say your dad?  I mean, you have to go ahead, strip out the list,
JA> readd your dad's email etc etc.  Or does he have a special AB template?

Nope, dad is not on the perl list or even associated with it - that is
part of the problem.  I sent him a message, and when it went out it had
the perl list in the bcc field!  And today, I sent a msg to some
people at my church (again not associated with the perl list and that
msg had a bcc to the perl list!) - this one had financial info
attached.  Fortunately, the perl list has a size limitation and
rejected it!

I only use the 'perl' QT when repling to the messages on the perl
list.  I do my reply, put the string 'perl' on a blank line, then with
the cursor on the same line hit <ctrl>+<space> and it fixes the
To:/Cc: fields...

JA> But you can set reply templates as well.  I use them on here, and on other
JA> lists (even ones that don't have the reply-to set)

Will look into that, I seem to recall asking on TBUDL and this was the
solution that was presented.  Probably 18m - 2yrs ago.

JA> Can you not create an AB template (for Reply) for [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
JA> then in that template, get it to clear everything?  I'll test it on Monday
JA> on one of the lists I'm on, but I cannot see a reason it wouldn't work if
JA> say you hit the REPLY-ALL button, instead of just the reply... but I could
JA> be mistaken on how that kind of setup would work.  I'll give it a go ;)

Will look at it next time I get on my ThinkPad, time for me to shut
down. <g>

Thanks

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]