Hi slug,

On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, 12:16 PM, you mentioned about "ATT Broadband
connections problems":

s> ATT  does  not  stop use of their nameserver so I can send through it,
                                       ^^^ SMTP server name server is DNS
s> but  I can't connect to their nameserver through AOL on the portable -
s> maybe  this  is never possible - you're stuck with the ISP's nameserver
s> you are connected with?

Yes, that is the problem.  There must be an answer, see below.

s> now  they  do.   But  I  want to use The Bat! anyway.  Hopefully I can
s> configure  The  Bat!  to  get  and send e-mail through a free account.
s> We'll   see.    I'm   stuck with an AOL connection no matter what - on
s> the portable.

Might try Netscape, Eudora, or Opera mail.  All of these provide for a
mail user, sending and receiving mail, *however* I do not know if they now
provide for you to POP (get) your mail directly off their server now via
using TB! (or any mail client).  Yahoo for example at one time allowed
this, but now *charge* for it. If you go to the sites mentioned above, you
can find out.

 Gary

Today's thought: A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.