Hi Luc,

On Friday, November 1, 2002 22:07 your local time, which was 13:07 my
local time, Luc [L] wrote;

L> <snipped a bit>
CW>> I used to use automatic read filters right from my inbox. Probably 75%
CW>> of the ones I'd read, I'd want to delete rather than filter to the
CW>> folder. Problem was, even though I was hitting the delete in the
CW>> message, it was still getting forwarded to the folder, which wasn't what
CW>> I wanted.

L>  If, in your filter, on the advaced tab you enable "message is not
L>  flagged" and then flag the message before reading and hit delete, it doesn't get
L>  filtered.

But isn't that a work around?

I don't know if I want to keep or delete the message until I've read it.

If you flag the message it's not filtered correct? You then read the
message and you want to keep it and therefore filter it, what happens?

It's not filtered.

Would you then have to manually remove the flag and manually re-filter
the folder?

I believe the correct way for this to work is for the read filter to
check if you've deleted the message in some way, rather than just
filtering it because you've read it. Maybe the filter kicks in as soon
as you open the message, rather than when you close it?

Overall, I'm not sure if there is a way to do what's required. I've
worked a way which includes flagging, parking and running manual
filters, but this is made quicker and easier using PowerPro.

Unless anyone knows a better way, I'm happy with this.

Chris.

--
E-Mail - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Created Using The Bat! V1.61 and Virus Checked by DrWeb.