Good evening Luc,

It was foretold that on 5-11-2002 @ 18:20:45 GMT+0100 (which was
18:20:45 where I live) Luc would mumble:

<snipped a bit>
L> If  i  find  the  time  today,  i'll  set  my  filters to flag them
L> automatically and see if it works for me
Just  tried  it  out  and it works for me. Here's what i did: i have a
plain  filter that looks for keywords and if matched, the messages are
filtered  to  a  specific folder. They also get automatically flagged.
That  filter  i created in the incoming mail folder. From the messages
that  are  thus  filtered, i need those _with attachments_ filtered to
another  folder,  _after_ they are read. What i did is set up a filter
with  keywords  in  the  read  folder.  On  the advanced tab i enabled
"message is not flagged" & "message has attachments".

Now  what  happens  is this: the _unread_ messages are filtered to the
appropriate  folder  and get flagged. After i read a message, i unflag
it and, if it has an attachment, it gets filtered to the other folder,
as  soon  as  i  move to the next message. The ones without attachment,
stay  in  their  folder.  If  i  decide  that i don't want to keep the
message, i don't unflag it but delete it.

Is  this  what  you're  looking  for  (albeit  without  the attachment
thingie)?

 Luc