On Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 19:29:02GMT +0000 (which was 2:29 PM where I live)
  Marck D Pearlstone wrote and made these points on the subject of "Antivirus":
MDP> Hi David,

MDP> @5-Mar-2003, 14:23 -0500 (19:23 UK time) David Calvarese [DC] in
MDP> mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

DC>> I agree, stay FAR FAR away from NAV.  Panda is nice, but it's plugin
DC>> doesn't work... Panda also updates on a daily basis.  I'm using the free
DC>> AVG at the moment, but it doesn't seem to update the virus definitions
DC>> very often, which is a bad thing.

MDP> You can manually set the update frequency. Mine looks for new
MDP> databases every day. Grisoft are pretty swift to issue new databases
MDP> when new virii are released into the wild.

Yeah, I know that I can tell it to update whenever I want... I was just
concerned about how often they release updates.  Panda releases an
update every day, even if there is only 1 new virus.  Normal update has
usually had about 6 in it. So at that rate, Panda will catch 48 virii
that AVG doesn't (as of today), all else being equal.

David
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say
something." - Plato
Using The Bat! v1.62i on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 1