Hello Mark,

Thursday, March 6, 2003, 3:00:55 AM, you wrote:

>>> Actually, no anti-virus will catch any "virii", because "virii" isn't
>>> even a word.  :-)  "Viruses" is the proper plural form of "virus".

MP> Actually, virus is a Latin word and the one and only plural(*)(in Latin) is:

MP> <tadaa>

MP>  VIRI

MP> People who talk about virii try to make a plural of a plural. :-)

Heh!! I believe my post inadvertently started this discussion.<g>

Actually, the 'accepted' plural for 'computer virus' is 'computer
viruses'... but I prefer to use virii...

a) because it looks cool, and
b) because it is used a lot among virus and malscript authors.

I hadn't intended to start an off-topic debate.

-wittig http://www.robertwittig.com/
A business is as honest as its advertising.
.