Hello Melissa,

>> Encrypting/signing/decryption all work.
>> When I decrypt PGP wants to save to file.
>> Real integration would be that it replaces the encrypted text with
>> the plain text. Without loosing quotes/formatting etc.

MR> As I just said above, PGP v8 integration does work as expected here.
MR> I have no idea why it's asking you to "save to file".  Are you trying
MR> to use the PGP options from "PGPtray" when you're using TB!?  Or are
MR> you actually using the integration?  There is a difference in how
MR> these work.
I just 'ask' TB! to decrypt.
Probably some setting but I have no idea where to look.
Any settings I should look for specifically?

>> BTW as long as it works and handles modern ciphers it doesn't matter
>> if it's PGP/OpenPGP/GPG/...

<snipped part about (mis)trust of PGP versions>
Let's say I feel neutral.
I was just installing v6.5 to get thinks working.
I want to get v8 working because of PGPdisk

<.....>

MR> For someone like myself, who couldn't tell the difference between a
MR> "backdoor" and a "bathtub" if I were to look at the source code, I
MR> need to find other ways to "trust" the code; and I feel I've done all
MR> I can to assure myself that it's okay for me to use.

MR> If we want to continue this aspect of the discussion, perhaps we
MR> should move it to TBOT before the fish start flying. :-)
Is that a separate list?
If so yes that's fine. Although our options are not that different as you
might think. It junk my tacky English that's to cryptographic to read
:D

--
Best regards, Tony

Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. (Picasso)