> (c) MS started to recommend individual configuration files some time
> back, surely we all do what MS says without question ;-)

If only they did it themselves! Do what I say, but not what I do...
And more than that... their apps settings are scattered a bit
everywhere in the Registry. I think that the "one branch stores it
all" approach Ritlabs took is not that bad. If only they could
replace their so called included backup/restore feature by a simple
copy/restore all TheBat! files, along with a per-user registry
backup & restore, you would'nt see anyone complaining that their
backup is corrupted anymore.

I can't think of a serious TB! user using the integrated backup
feature.

--
Denis