Again, sorry ... I fatfingered something ...

RO> Tinker to your liking. ;-) I'd suggest that you
RO> replace the new account.* files for the old ones (they
RO> contain your filters, account settings, folder
RO> settings, quick templates) save the new ones so you
RO> can restore those. I think it most likely though that
RO> the corruption is in your old message base.

There was a template somewhere with the wrong file
attached to it, and it was appearing in the wrong folders.
I messed with it for weeks trying to get rid of it (wiped
all the templates and started over, etc), but it
persisted.

All the templates are now working fine, and I'm
just stuck with the situation, I think. I *really* don't
want the problem back, and hopefully none of the mails
which are stranded were critical. It would be nice to know
that for sure, of course, but I'm fairly bloody minded
about stashing really important stuff elsewhere, so
hopefully it's just an irritant, not a really *serious*
problem. I won't know that for several months, though,
probably :-(

I knew the risk when I did it, I was just hoping that I
would be able to get *just* the mails back somehow. I did
get the AB back via my last backup, so that's a relief :-)

I do appreciate all the ideas, though .. thanks!

Lynn

TBv.2.12.00
NT5 SP4
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    * * *    Aun Aprendo
I'd rather be WARP'ed    * * *      Team OS/2