Hello Lynn,

JG>> Agent does this and, since I keep all my 'well behaved' apps on the
JG>> D: drive, after an OS re-install they are all available for
JG>> immediate use, since they don't need any registry settings to work.
>
> It would certainly be a godsend if they'd all do that; I had to reload
> the system recently, too, but I am a *long* way from getting my apps
> all reinstalled .. and as you say, they are all sitting intact on the
> D partition, but unusable.

I won't say the Registry is the best of the "inventions" but, think of
something. What if you and me were to share the same machine as
different Windows users (i.e. with different login). Whose settings and
Preferences should TB keep in the ini file? Should we share the same
message base (i.e. mail directory)? Even if we use different mail
accounts we would be forced to password protect each account and, even
so, why should I see your accounts in my folder tree and you see mine in
yours? Etc., etc., etc. Try it. Create another user and then log off and
login as the new user and see what happens.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v4.123 Beta/Umpteen