It isn't that hard to understand.  Quite clear actually.
He stated facts about the USGS and then some opinions
from Wildlife Department biologists and himself.

You obviously don't agree, so you use words like
"rant" and "shoot off their mouth".  You might want to
change your field of study to global warming.  You'd fit
right in with that "scientific" crowd.

Mike