I agree with Mike Flannigan and his post below.

To Ms. Buecher:

Using the words "rant", and "shoot off your mouth" are not conducive to any e
mail conversation, and are themselves ranting, and shooting off your mouth.
This is emotion based, and as always, has no validity.  That I would have hoped
would been beneath you. Yes, perhaps NM caves do have the same climate suitable
for Pseudogymnoascus destructans to flourish as other places. How many other
places-throughout the WORLD- have the same climate? Is your implication here,
however INVALID,  that it just rises up out of nowhere, simply because the
climate is right? Is there any EMPIRICAL evidence for this?  Perhaps hysteria?
NO, it doesn't take a genius to figure this out-even a mere caver can do it.

The heart of the WNS discussion is the issue of the closure of caves because of
fear that humans are the primary vector of WNS.

Please, Ms. Buecher, to you and other scientists,  show EMPERICAL evidence that
this is so. Please show empirical evidence that humans have been the primary,
if not only vector of WNS. If not, then it is from purely "theory or pure
logic" that you make your inferences. Logic does work, but NOT if it is flawed
logic. This is why, as you must know, that empirical evidence is a must. A
scientific conclusion must be verifiable, repeatable by experiment, and
objective. It cannot be subjective, based on inference, false extrapolation or
flawed logic.

I cite webster's online dictionary for the word empirical for your benefit, and
others. It is a good read. http://www.merriam-webster.com em·pir·i·cal
adjective \im-ˈpir-i-kəl\
: based on testing or experience

Full Definition of EMPIRICAL

1
:  originating in or based on observation or experience<empirical data>
2
:  relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for
system and theory <an empirical basis for the theory>
3
:  capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment
<empirical laws
I also cite the definition of scientific method, also from webster's online :
Definition of SCIENTIFIC METHOD

:  principles and procedures for the systematic pursuit of knowledge involving
the recognition and formulation of a problem, the collection of data through
observation and experiment, and the formulation and testing of hypotheses.
The hypothesis in order to be VALID, must be testable, and repeatable. Please
note #3 of the definition empirical.
Once again, please show that you have done this before you accuse anyone of
ranting and "shooting off their mouth".
Finally; An apology might be in order.
Regards,
Carl Pagano, SWR Caver